RSS

Rihanna For Vogue US April 2011


Rihanna channels her inner Ariel from The Little Mermaid on cover of the April 2011 edition of American Vogue.
The singer was so excited about her cover, she tweeted it straight after the shoot.
As Vogue covers are features are supposed to be confidential, I wasn’t surprised to see her tweet taken down a few hours later.
I can see why she was so excited. She got to wear a stunning embroidered Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 dress on the cover which was shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz.
The editors at Vogue didn’t try to portray Rihanna as anyone other than herself. She gives us sexy rock chic bad-ass attitude plus a few gentle shots of her skipping down the beach wearing Lanvin.
Rihanna wears a red hot Hervé Léger by Max Azria cutout swimsuit with Alexander Wang open-toe booties; a Chloé one-shoulder mesh dress and a Donna Karan midnight-blue bodysuit in the rest of her beautiful editorial.
The April issue is called the “Shape Issue”, so Rihanna talks about loving her figure and hating the gym. Here are some extracts from her interview:
On cutting her hair and dying it black back in 2007: “When I cut my hair, the whole sound changed, my style changed.”
On her body: “Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it’s not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up. My body is comfortable, and it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.”
On going to the gym: “I hate going to the gym and doing it the old-fashioned way. I hate anything that’s too straightforward, too routine, too familiar. I get bored really, really quickly.”
Credit: Annie Leibovitz for Vogue & Getty

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment